Monday, March 15, 2010

I found a new home at Castle In The Air



It's been a long time that I have posted on this blog and I am excited to tell you some good news. Kozo Arts, where I started teaching classes last October closed it's doors at the end of the year. It was sad, because I enjoyed the collaboration with Kozo, using their beautiful Chiyogami papers for my classes and products. But when one chapter closes another one opens and so true to this saying, a new opportunity presented itself for me in February. I found a new creative home at the fabulous Castle In The Air, on 4th Street in Berkeley! I have adored this store for many years and have taken many classes in it's studio. They have an amazing selection of German Dresden Trim, lovely wrapping papers and elegant writing supplies, to name just a few items. I have learned so much from the amazing teachers who give lessons in the Castle's studio. I studied with the inspirational Alice Armstrong stamp carving and book making, I created magical 3-dimensional objects with the highly creative Ulla Milbrath, learned how to use elegant Dresden trim from the talented and kind John McRae and attended Spencerian Scrip Calligraphy lessons by master calligrapher Bill Kemp there.
I am so very happy to work now in this magical store about once a week, as well as teaching a brand-new class there:
Pysanky - Artful Ukrainian Eggs
The simple egg, in both Pagan and Christian springtime rituals, symbolizes the magical rebirth of life. Pysanky are stunning, intricately decorated eggs whose patterns are achieved through the ancient technique of wax resist dyeing. Using a special stylus, you’ll learn how to draw on an egg with melted beeswax and how to layer gem-colored, water-soluble dyes for a brilliant effect. Elisabeth will bring a variety of traditional and modern patterns for inspiration, and will talk about different ways to display your artful eggs. They look particularly lovely nestled in a bed of moss. You’ll make at least 2 eggs in the class.

Fee: $75; includes materials.

Instructor: Elisabeth Alexander. Limit: 10 students.

Thursday, March 25th, 6pm-9pm


Sign up here.

Also check out the Castle's blog here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi everyone. I'm really into shoes and I was searching for that exact model. The prices as regards the velcros were all over 230 bucks on every page. But definitively I base this location selling them for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase those. what can you tell me about these?