Thursday, April 15, 2010

Printing on Fabric




I am revisiting "printing on fabric". See the samples I have made in the past for The Workshop and then for Kozo Arts by clicking on the high-lighted links. This time I want to get bolder, use more colors and go for overall patterns. It's an the ideal theme to research pattern making, something that I have had an obsession with a long time. Pattern design is one of the disciplines that has always spoken to me. I have a pattern collection: ripped out images that I glue into a notebook. I also own a bunch of books on patterns. I love using traditional patterns as well as creating my own. Using my hand-carved stamps has been my foremost technique to print on fabric. I love the look stamp printing creates: reminiscent of old woodblock printing, you can often still see the carving lines, that lend it this unique hand-made look. So here is the first batch of images from my test-printing studio. More to come soon....

No comments: