Monday, August 23, 2010

My fabulous dress by Sarah Borruso

I am wearing in this picture the fabulous "Unfolding Dress" by the talented designer Sarah Borruso, who owns the San Francisco fashion label Stars + Ravens. I went to one of Sarah's trunk shows and fell in love with her style: vintage meets modern - very San Francisco. "The unfolding dress" was originaly created in a beautiful silk charmeuse . Knowing how chilly San Francisco and the Bay Area are most of the year, I opted for a light wool as fabric of choice. Sarah made this custom dress for me and I am so delighted with it.
Here I am at Sarah's second trunk show in another fabulous dress she designed. This dress is made of a lovely heavy silk that she hand painted. Her own dress has the same cut, but she cut lots of little slashes into the fabric. Very cool!
Last not least I had to try on her Monika Vitti dress, that sports a sexy opening in the back.

No comments: