Thursday, June 18, 2009

Baroque Pearl Necklace

I am so excited about this new necklace I made as a summer treat for myself. It all started with this gorgeous big baroque teardrop shaped pearl, that I saw at my favorite bead shop Baubles and Beads. In my studio I contemplated long and hard how to hang this gorgeous gem. I looked through my samples and found two bracelets that I had made last year, but never finished. I knew I was looking for something that had an antique air to it. Something delicate, but yet still bold and somewhat archaic. These bracelets are made of fine sterling silver wire that I hand crochet on a spool, which is an age-old metal smith techniques. I joined them together, blackened the silver to give it more definition and drama and voila the perfect necklace to adequately display the gorgeous teardrop from.


No comments: