Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lovely textures: ruffles and lace






I came across this new Bristish designer Erdem Moralioglu, simply known as 'Erdem'. He is a graduate of the Royal College of Art and won the prestigious Fashion Fringe Award in 2005. I love his use of lace and ruffle to create texture. He also does awesome prints.
On a visit to Bloomingdale's Valentina and I fell in love with this gorgeous ruffly/feathery skirted Diane Von Furstenberg dress, that I included as the last image, because it also plays successfully with texture. Now reading up on Erdem I find out that he worked with Diane Von Furstenberg for a year. They obviously share some design principles.

Valentina would look beautiful in this Diane Von Furstenberg dress. I love the juxtaposition of a simple tee-shirt dress with the ruffly-feathery skirt. On closer inspections we saw that this skirt was created out of many, many narrow leaf shaped , frayed organza pieces - just amazing!

No comments: