Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween party






Last year's Halloween party was a tour de force. I went all out and created this ghoulish buffet. My inspiration came from the old Baroque still life paintings, called Vanitas. I worked on this set up for a week and borrowed many items from my friends. Catharine was so kind to give me some items from her taxidermy collection, Ellie offered her vintage silver, Pam had a crocodile's head. The beautiful, but scary flower arrangement (who knew that a flower arrangement could be scary) was designed by Svenja. Scott and Valentina baked terrible finger cookies and Ellie brought her amazingly decorated cupcakes. When Halloween was over, it was hard to take it all down and restore my studio to it's usual set up. somehow I wish I could live like this all the time. After this Halloween extravaganza though, I felt burned out and Halloween was celebrated this year rather quietly.

1 comment:

Ulla said...

What is it about Orange and Blue that looks so magnificent! What a party set-up!!! I love all the skulls and bones, and those fingers!!!!