Sunday, September 14, 2008

Frida Mania


The San Francisco MOMA is showing till September 28th an exhibition of Frida Kahlo's work. It is a fantastic exhibition and probably a once in a lifetime chance to see so many of her paintings. Don't miss this opportunity! I have been already been 3 times, since I am a major fan of Frida Kahlo and her work. So to commemorate this important artist I made my own Frida paper dolls. Reaching back to my childhood, when paper dolls were my most favorite toy and obsession. I was just 5/6 years old and would sit for hours cutting out paper dolls and their clothes until my finger hurt from holding the scissors. I still like holding the scissors (and yes, I also dress up as Frida Kahlo, when the mood strikes.)

2 comments:

Courtney Cerruti said...

Too funny... I was Frida for Halloween several years ago too. At the time I was dating someone who had the right stature to be Diego, but he refused. Instead he went as a leprechaun...haha

elisabeth alexander (elisabeth engel) said...

Courtney,
thanks for checking out my blog and commenting. Too bad your friend didn't go as Diego! I keep teasing my husband about having to assume the Diego role. I have this idea about a themed costume party, where guests have to come as a famous artist.